Supporting Our Congregation
1. Through Regular Offerings During Worship Services
- Give in person during worship services using your weekly numbered envelopes. If you don’t have envelopes, you can request a set from the church office.
- If you are visiting, you can use envelopes in the pews. If you wish to receive a charitable tax receipt at the end of the year, please write your name, address and a contact email or phone number on the envelope.
2. eTransfer (direct deposit to First Lutheran bank account)
- Send eTransfers to email@example.com from the Interac eTransfer option available on your online banking website.
- In the message, include whether you would like the offering to go towards budget or missions or both.
- First Lutheran has set up eTransfers to be automatically deposited to our bank account so there is no need to provide a security question. If your bank requires that you provide a security question, please send a separate email to firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know the answer.
- Some financial institutions will let you set up an eTransfer recipient as a regular payee, and you can schedule a recurring offering (for example: give a specific amount monthly).
3. Through Lutheran Church-Canada (Visa or MasterCard)
- Follow the instructions at Lutheran Church-Canada’s website.
- Enter the amount of your donation.
- Select “Windsor – First Lutheran Church – 30850” from the dropdown list.
- Click “continue” and complete payment for “Support My Home Congregation”.
- Lutheran Church-Canada will issue an immediate tax receipt.
- Twice per month, Lutheran Church-Canada will forward all donations received in a given time period to First Lutheran Church via an Electronic Funds Transfer.
4. Mail or Drop-Off
- Single or multiple post-dated cheques may be mailed to the church at:
First Lutheran Church
160 Giles Blvd. W.
Windsor, ON N9A 6G9
- Include your envelop number on the memo line of your cheques.
5. Planned or Legacy Gift
Beyond normal weekly stewardship, there is a wonderful opportunity to support First Lutheran Church through a Planned or Legacy Gift. This type of gift is developed from your estate either through your Will or by designating First Lutheran Church as a beneficiary of another asset like your RSP/RIF or life insurance policy.
When asked, Christians invariably say their family and their faith are the two most precious things in their life. In response to this, many individuals are now including their church as one of the beneficiaries within their estate. This last act of stewardship can provide a significant charitable gift to your congregation and is one way of giving thanks to God for all the blessings He has given you. Planned or Legacy Gifts occur upon your death, or second-to-die if your are married.
For more information on developing this type of gift, please contact Lutheran Foundation Canada at 877-711-4438 or email@example.com or visit their website at lutheranfoundation.ca. This is a free service offered by LCC through the Foundation.